- The average person generates between 25,000 to 50,000 thoughts per day
- Over 80% of a person’s thoughts in a day are negative
- It takes an average of 4 hours to recover from a negative thought or experience
- It takes 5 positive thoughts or experiences to recover from one negative
- Conservatively, a negative attitude costs a company 30% in productivity
These are just a few statistics, there are many more about the effects of negative attitudes
This Charles Swindoll poem is a great reminder to me about the power of our attitude…
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more impor1ant than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company… a church…a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past … we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude …
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you…“
Any thoughts or statistics to add? I would love to hear from you.